Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Postcards From the Solemn Nation of Procrasti



The fucker about working on a novel, I'm finding, is you go forever without finishing anything. To misquote a friend, self-hate does bloom. But back in December, I was asked to contribute my suspect talents to a fundraising campaign for the local university radio station. The deal was, listeners like you could get a story from a writer like me for however much money. And you got to sort of call the shots: I had to use three words of your choice. I don't know what ever happened with those stories, so I figured it had been long enough that putting them here would not be stepping on anyone's toes.

Here you go:

NINE MORE YEARS AND HE CAN GET DRUNK ABOUT IT

NOT FOR LACK OF LOVE OR WANT

DICK STONES

OVERWHELMING LOVELINESS

A KILLER ON ENERGY

NOT A SCRATCH ON HIM

No comments:

Post a Comment