Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cleaning House

Oh, hi there. I guess it's been a while--not that anyone noticed.

So, The Cloaca came out way back in April and a little tour ensued. Sorry I didn't tell you about that--not that you (whoever you are) would have cared. Upon my return I launched into full-time work/procrastination on the novel that I've been claiming to be writing for a few years, went to Arizona to research, and sort of forgot that I put out a book back in April.

Here's what the thing looks like:


And here's what it looks like in a baby's mouth:


A few people in the media have been putting the book in their mouth also, and here's what they say it tasted like: The Coast, The National Post, Quill and Quire, Steven W. Beattie, The Chronicle Herald. If you've stuck the thing in your mouth-brain, I'd love to hear what you thought about it. Email me, if you want, with questions, comments, or condemnations.

And a bit of extra news, it happened that the first and last story in The Cloaca were nominated for this year's Journey Prize. "Manning" was published in last summer's PRISM International, and "I'm Sorry and Thank You" was published on the Joyland site--that story you can read here, for FREAKING FREE,

Lastly, it's not like I'd forgotten what blogs were. I was doing some of that on Joyland for a while. Here's what that looked like.

That's all I've got! See you in a few months, I'm sure.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment